Thursday, July 7, 2011

From Page to Reel: The Help

While I love to read, I don't watch much TV.  I only turn the television on if there is a show I know I want to see.  And thanks to the magic of DVR, I never watch commercials.  So, since I don't watch commercials or channel surf, I pretty much live under a rock as concerns popular culture.  Which is a very good thing, I believe.  Tonight, looking through Facebook page updates from book publishers and bookstores, I learned something that I could well be the last to discover:  

The Help is coming to the Silver Screen on August 10th.
  
A movie tie-in version of the book is now in stores. Gosh, I guess I haven't been to the bookstore in a while, either.  Time to crawl out from under my rock!

Compare the bestselling paperback and the new movie tie-in:



I absolutely loved The Help. It was the first book that I read in digital format (NOOK book).

Take a look at the trailer.  I'm a little worried that they've overdone the humor.  Hopefully this is just a typical trailer showing all the laughs to try to get viewers.  Because, while the novel has its funny moments, its thematic focus is definitely no laughing matter.

You decide. (Don't watch if you haven't read the book!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment